Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Recipe: Kuih Dadar
Ingredients for Pancake:
- 120g flour
- 1 egg
- 300ml coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pandan (screwpine) paste or just green colouring as a lesser alternative
Ingredients for Filling:
- 80g Gula Melaka (palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 80 ml water
- 120g shredded coconut
- 1 tsp corn starch
1. Dissolve the sugars in water in a saucepan and stir in the shredded coconut and corn starch till you get a moist golden brown coconut filling. Leave aside to cool.
2. Sift flour and salt in a mixing bowl, combine a lightly beaten egg and coconut milk by lightly whisking with a hand whisk. Add the pandan paste and stir till you get a homogenous green pancake batter.
3. Heat up a non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat and spoon 1-2 tbsp of batter into the centre. Swirl or use the base of the spoon to make a thin pancake of about 15cm in diameter.
4. When the surface is dries out, transfer to a plate with the top surface facing down (this will be the outside of the Kueh Dadar)
5. Place two teaspoons of coconut filling on the pancake and roll up like a spring roll.
6. Best served immediately, but within the same day is fine!